The Translational Sciences group is dedicated to gaining in-depth insights into the mechanism of action (MoA) and the potential determinants of response/ resistance of Janux’s TRACTr and TRACEr candidates. The group works very closely with the Research, Therapeutic Discovery, CMC and Clinical teams to contribute toward indication selection and patient stratification strategies.
As a member of the Translational Sciences group, we seek a scientifically curious and motivated individual with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The potential Scientist will develop and execute translational assays to better characterize the MoA and identify PK/PD and predictive biomarkers to support our pre-clinical and clinical programs. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of tumor immunology and translational oncology. Hands-on working experience with flow cytometry, IHC/ mIF, ex vivo PDx/ organoid models, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics analyses on commercially procured and/or clinical trial samples is highly preferred. The successful candidate will contribute to various pre-clinical and clinical programs by managing/ implementing multiple research projects with external CROs and will work closely with the Research team to develop some in-house translational assays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, develop and/or execute translational assays (CRO or in-house) for evaluation of target expression, tumor protease activity, and TRACTr activation (in blood and tumor) to better characterize the MoA.
- Perform high throughput data analyses of pre-clinical and clinical samples (external and internal datasets) to identify and validate potential biomarkers of response/ resistance to TRACTr-based treatments
- Integrate functional/ biological readouts with patient’s clinicopathological features to contribute to optimum patient selection strategies for different clinical programs.
- Manage multiple CROs and maintain strong oversight on deliverables (proposals, timelines, experimental design, data analyses and reporting)
- Propose rational research hypothesis and independently design, execute, and analyze experiments and draw logical conclusions.
- Prepare and present data at relevant meetings (internal and external).
- Perform in-depth scientific literature review to help address critical questions relating to target biology, clinical relevance, associated assays, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with the Research, clinical and CMC teams to drive different scientific programs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Molecular Medicine/ Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or a related discipline + at least 2 years of translational biomarker discovery experience (preferably in an industry setting)
- Extensive experience in new assay identification, development, and implementation.
- Strong understanding and prior experience working in solid tumor oncology and/or immune oncology, protease biology, ex vivo PDx and organoid models is highly preferred.
- Hands-on expertise with standard lab techniques such as ELISA, Flow cytometry, IHC, RNAseq, and analyses of high throughput omics data.
- Competence in data analysis tools (Excel, GraphPad, SPSS, R).
- Experience processing and analyzing human clinical samples would be a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with external CROs (due diligence, proposals, oversight, project management, data analyses, and reporting) is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and stock purchase plan, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity