Janux Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary discovery platform to efficiently develop tumor activated drugs that empower the immune system to eradicate cancer. Janux is developing unique immunotherapies that generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. As an early stage startup company, Janux is looking for energetic and talented candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
Sr. Research Associate / Scientist I – Discovery Biology
Janux, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Researcher with demonstrated skills in phage display technologies. The candidate will participate in hands-on pre-clinical drug discovery programs with a focus on phage display and hit identification. The candidate will characterize clonal phage for the ability to interact with target molecules. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience with phage display and be knowledgeable regarding the bio-panning process. The ideal candidate will also have molecular biology as well as bacterial cell culture experience. General experience with plate based assays is also required.
This position is hands-on and requires the effective communication and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward development candidates. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and carry a strong commitment to excellence.
- Scientist I – PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, chemical biology, or related scientific discipline with 1-3+ years of postdoctoral experience in relevant field, or Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience in pharma/biotech.
- Sr. RA – M.S. in Molecular biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or related discipline with +3 years of industry experience or B.S. +6 years of relevant experience
- Developed skills as well as a successful track record around phage display technologies and related assay development is required
- Experience with microbial cell culture techniques is required
- Basic experience with the operation of liquid handlers is preferred
- Experience completing quantitative plate based assays using various plate readers is required
- Experience analyzing results in Excel and Graphpad Prism is required
- Hands-on experience with research scale purification using AKTA FPLC systems, affinity chromatography, and additional polishing steps
- Knowledge around additional bioanalytical methods for protein quality control
- Experience working with CROs to outsource some protein production if necessary is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expand, maintain, and QC phage display libraries
- Conduct phage display bio-panning campaigns against a variety of protein targets
- Conduct biochemical and immunological plate based assays
- Execute QC tests of protein target lots prior to use in bio-panning campaigns
- Analyze data and connect to phage sequence
- Organized and diligent maintenance of databases and reports that include phage sequence and associated clonal phage data
- Clearly communicate data and progress to supervisor on a daily basis
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
- Working remotely not available