As member of the Research group, the Sr Research Associate will contribute to the development and implementation of downstream purification processes to enable the advancement of research molecules. This candidate will support material generation for compound screening and preclinical studies and will develop purification methods for selected candidates.
- M.S. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline with +3 years of industry experience or B.S. +6 years of relevant experience.
- Skilled in chromatography and filtration unit operations with limited supervision.
- Experience using purification equipment including AKTA FPLCs and chromatography systems.
- Working knowledge of different types of chromatography and associated resins as well as relevant buffer systems used for size exclusion, ion-exchange, and affinity chromatography
- Experience with protein analysis including SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, as well as protein concentration and endotoxin tests.
- Knowledge of bioanalytical methods and standard protein quality assays is required
- Knowledge of mammalian protein expression systems is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and purify multiple protein lots in parallel is required.
- Effective team player and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Executes lab scale protein purification and material generation activities to support pre-clinical research efforts and internal molecule advancement
- Performs experiments to evaluate process parameters for individual unit operations.
- Prepare SOPs and technical reports and maintains appropriate records of experiments.
- Responsible for operation and preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Works under general supervision to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Analyzes and communicates experimental results to colleagues and supervisor and provides solutions to problems.
- Trains junior members of the team and collaborates across functional areas.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
- Working remotely not available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.