As member of the Research group, the Sr Research Associate will contribute to the development and implementation of upstream protein expression processes to enable the advancement of research molecules. This candidate will support material generation for compound screening and preclinical studies and will execute cell culture and protein expression methods on a daily basis.
- M.S. in Molecular biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or related discipline with +3 years of industry experience or B.S. +6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with molecular biology methods for mammalian cell culture
- Experience using multiple transfection methods and selection markers for recombinant protein expression in CHO and HEK293 cells.
- Ability to isolate and expand stable pools from transient transfections.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture methods and aseptic techniques
- Experience with standard protein analysis including SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, as well as protein concentration assays is required.
- Ability to multi-task and express multiple protein lots in parallel is required.
- Effective team player and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Execute hands-on transfection of mammalian cells and cell culture in support of recombinant protein production at the research scale
- Characterize protein expression quality by standard techniques including cell health and titer measurements throughout the upstream process
- Isolate stable pools from transient transfections from time to time
- Work under general supervision to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Analyze and communicate experimental results to colleagues and supervisor
- Diligent documentation of methods, findings, and data for upstream protein expression
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
- Working remotely not available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.