At Janux, we are developing unique immunotherapies that have the potential to generate generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. We believe that combining Janux’s tumor-specific activation with multi-stage anti-tumor signaling will significantly improve safety, expand the therapeutic dosing window, and maximize patient responses.
As member of the Process Development, CMC group, the Sr Research Associate will contribute to the development and implementation of downstream purification processes to advance Janux TRACTr candidates from research through clinical development towards commercialization. He/she will support material generation for compound screen and pre-clinical studies and will develop and optimize purification processes/methods for selected candidates to transfer to Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMO) for clinical manufacturing.
- Executes lab scale process development and material generation activities to support pre-clinical studies and clinical manufacturing at CDMOs.
- Performs experiments to evaluate process parameters for individual unit operations.
- Write and maintain operational procedures/batch records, process descriptions and technical documents to support process development at CDMOs.
- Responsible for operation and preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Works under general supervision to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Analyzes and communicates experimental results to colleagues and supervisor and provides solutions to problems.
- Trains junior members of the team and collaborates across functional areas.
- Travel: up to 10% (domestic and/or international) may be required
- Skilled in chromatography and filtration unit operations with limited supervision.
- Experience using purification equipment including chromatography (e.g. AKTA) and TFF systems.
- Working knowledge of different types of chromatography resins and column packing procedures.
- Experience with protein analysis including SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, HPLC.
- Knowledge of mammalian protein expression systems is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot process and equipment problems.
- Effective team player and strong oral and written communication skills.
M.S. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline with +3 years of industry experience or B.S. +6 years of relevant experience.
Janux offers a competitive compensation with stock options in addition to a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401K (3% employer matching)
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Incentive stock option plan
Monday to Friday On-Site (La Jolla, CA)
United States (Required)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.