Janux Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary discovery platform to efficiently develop tumor-activated drugs that empower the immune system to eradicate cancer. Janux is developing unique immunotherapies that generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. As an early-stage startup company, Janux is looking for energetic and talented candidates who desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. You will apply cutting-edge technology to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
Job Title: Scientist / Sr. Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Scientist / Sr. Scientist will be responsible for designing and executing in vivo mouse studies to evaluate anti-tumor efficacy and mechanism of action of our immunomodulatory biologics and actively contribute to IND-enabling activities that support our pipeline. This position is hands-on and requires the effective study execution, communication, and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward development candidates. Strong candidates will be creative, collaborative, and passionate about drug discovery and development. Expertise in tumor biology, immunology as well as in xenograft and syngeneic in vivo models are required. As a strategic team member, you will directly support decision-making for pipeline programs as they progress from early Research through an IND and into the clinic. This position will report directly to the Head of In Vivo Pharmacology.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Ph.D. in Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, or a related discipline with 3 – 6 years of in vivo pharmacology and drug discovery experience OR an M.S. + 8 – 11 years of industry experience in biologics drug discovery.
- Expertise in in vivo immunology, cancer biology, pharmacology, or related discipline demonstrated by a record of relevant scientific achievements.
- Expertise in early clinical development, including model development, PK/PD and efficacy studies, dose and schedule optimization, blood collection, and in vivo combination studies required.
- Expertise working with biologics, with prior experience working with bispecific antibodies being highly desirable.
- Experience with immuno-oncology drug development is valuable and preferred.
- Experience with histology and/or FACS analyses of in vivo models are desirable.
- Prior experience contributing to IND-enabling studies and authoring technical reports is desirable.
- Previous experience with CRO management preferred.
- Lead in vivo pharmacology efforts and engage in IND-enabling activities.
- Independently design and execute in vivo preclinical research focused on efficacy, safety and mechanism of action of lead targets in mouse models.
- Perform standard and complex in vivo procedures, such as tumor implantation and measurements (solid or liquid tumor models), multi-route dosing, blood sampling, tissue necropsy.
- Analyze and present experimental data using Prism, Excel, MS Office or similar software, and present findings to cross-functional groups.
- Identify and integrate technologies that improve or expand the ability to assess molecules in vivo by working with teammates, collaborators, vendors and staying abreast of the literature.
- Train and support junior team members to manage and execute complex experimental testing and models.
- Coordinate scheduling and execution of studies with Research and other Translational team members.
- Produce detailed documentation of experiments within a lab notebook and electronically.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize workload effectively within a multi-task environment.
- Candidate must be familiar with IACUC protocols and guidelines.
Required Key Attributes:
- Must have a strong work ethic and be enthusiastic about animal and laboratory work.
- Must be detail-oriented, punctual, reliable, and available on weekends or holidays when necessary.
- The candidate must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high-quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
- Working remotely not available
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.