Janux Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary discovery platform to efficiently develop tumor activated drugs that empower the immune system to eradicate cancer. Janux is developing unique immunotherapies that generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. As an early stage startup company, Janux is looking for energetic and talented candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
Scientist / Sr. Scientist – Therapeutics Discovery
Janux, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Scientist with demonstrated research skills in the fields of cancer, immune-oncology, and or immune cell biology. The candidate will characterize and develop large molecules in close collaboration with senior management as an integral member of the drug discovery team. The individual will provide technical and scientific expertise in efforts to understand drug dependent innate and adaptive immune responses against cancer. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience with standard immunological and cancer biology techniques (Flow cytometry, ELISA, T cell activation, tumor cell killing etc.). The Scientist will be responsible for internal research efforts related to pre-clinical drug discovery and characterization.
This position is hands-on and requires the effective communication and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward development candidates. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and carry a strong commitment to excellence.
- PhD and 1-3+ years postdoctoral training is preferred or highly proficient MS with 8+ years experience in cellular immunology, immuno-oncology, bio-engineering, or a related field
- Proven track record of success demonstrated by training from top research universities with first author papers in high impact journals and presentations at scientific conferences
- Proven ability to make important contributions to cancer biology, immuno-oncology, or related fields based on publication records and training from top universities
- Current knowledge of oncology research, drug discovery and development, with emphasis on immune cell activation, checkpoint, and exhaustion pathways as well as markers and assays to evaluate anti-tumor efficacy
- Experience with bispecific antibody related immuno-oncology therapies is preferred
- Proficiency in the culture of human primary immune cells (mainly T cells and PBMCs)
- Proven experience with immune cell activation and exhaustion as well as immune cell mediated tumor killing assays
- Basic experience with multi-color flow cytometry, molecular biology techniques (PCR, Gibson assembly, cloning etc.), ELISA, and other standard cell based & non-cell based biochemical assays
- Experience running immunological in vitro models (immune-oncology)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Design, conduct, interpret, and report laboratory experiments on a daily basis
- Execute standard experiments related to T cell activation, co-stimulation, and related cancer cell targeting and cytotoxicity
- Compare molecules to help advance programs from hits to leads to development candidates
- Execute standard operating procedures as well as develop new ones within the Janux programs
- Develop new immuno-oncology assays, troubleshoot assays, and create detailed protocols and related documents
- Help manage internal laboratory activities under tight timelines
- Conduct multiple research activities in parallel
- Help identify and prioritize high impact research activities
- Keep up with published literature centered around cancer targets and immuno-oncology therapies directly relevant to the Janux programs
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
- Working remotely not available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.