As member of the Process Development, CMC group, the Scientist will contribute to the development and implementation of downstream purification processes to enable the advancement of Janux candidates from research through clinical development. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and technical transfer of purification processes to Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMO) for clinical manufacturing. He/She will be responsible for the experimental design and execution of experiments of all purification steps for biologics including clarification, affinity capture, polishing steps, and formulation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and perform experiments to identify and establish operating and performance parameters for purification steps.
- Executes lab scale process development and material generation activities to support pre-clinical studies and clinical manufacturing at CDMOs.
- Performs experiments and interpret results to evaluate process parameters for individual unit operations.
- Prepare SOPs and technical reports and maintains appropriate records of experiments.
- Responsible for operation and preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Works under general supervision to ensure timely execution of projects.
- Analyzes and communicates experimental results to colleagues and supervisor and provides solutions to problems.
- Trains junior members of the team and collaborates across functional areas.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline + 3 years of postdoctoral experience OR an M.S. + 6 years of industry experience in biologic downstream process development.
- Skilled in chromatography and filtration unit operations.
- Proficient with purification equipment including AKTA chromatography and TFF/UFDF systems.
- Extensive working knowledge of different types of chromatography resins and column packing procedures.
- Hans-on experience with protein analysis including SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, HPLC, Octet.
- Knowledge of mammalian protein expression systems is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and troubleshoot process and equipment problems.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and stock purchase plan, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity