Janux Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate with demonstrated skills in evaluating the function of immune cells, with a focus on T cells. As a critical member of the immunology team, the candidate will be responsible for assessing the therapeutic potential of candidate drug molecules using in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro methodologies and assays. This position requires proficiency in animal handling, execution of in vivo experiments, and experience in working with primary human immune cells. This position is hands-on and requires the effective communication and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward developing candidates and IND-enabling studies. The ideal applicant will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and have a solid commitment to excellence with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and conduct in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro experiments to assess the therapeutic potential of tumor-selective T cell modulators
- Perform mouse studies including drug administration, tumor implant studies, caliper measurement, tissue collection and analysis
- Focus on immune readouts (FACS-based immunophenotyping, T cell activation assays, cytokine profiling, etc.) that can be incorporated as biomarkers
- Execute experiments with minimal supervision and deliver comprehensive, high-quality data sets to enable decision-making
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry, or Master’s degree with 2+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry or academic laboratory experience in Immunology, In vivo pharmacology, Immuno-Oncology
- Proficiency with a variety of in vivo model systems to demonstrate the mechanism of action of selected compounds (immunocompetent, immunocompromised, humanized, PDX, etc.) is required.
- Technical proficiency with the standard in vivo rodent tumor model techniques, including tumor inoculation, tumor measurement, dosing (IV, SC, IP), submandibular, retroorbital and cardiac bleeds, tissue collection, and processing for analysis
- Strong experience with isolation, culture, and functional and phenotypic characterization of primary human and mouse immune cells (PBMCs and TILs)
- Strong experience with cell immunophenotyping using multiparameter flow cytometry (10+ colors) and proficiency using Flowjo and GraphPad Prism software
- Experience with cytokine/chemokine detection platforms (MSD, ELISA, Luminex)
- Experience with immune cell-based functional assays (activation, differentiation, proliferation, suppression assays by using monocyte/macrophages, T cells, or dendritic cells) is a strong advantage
- Established skills in data collection and analysis, and detailed record-keeping
- Success in this role requires close attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- The candidate must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high-quality results under tight timelines
- Highly organized and diligent about documentation is a requirement and cannot be overstated
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and stock purchase plan, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.