Janux Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary discovery platform to efficiently develop tumor-activated drugs that empower the immune system to eradicate cancer. Janux is developing unique immunotherapies that generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. As an early-stage startup company, Janux is looking for energetic and talented candidates who desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
Job title: Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate, Immunology
Janux, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate with demonstrated skills in evaluating the function of immune cells, with a focus on T cells. As a critical member of the Immunology team, the candidate will be responsible for assessing the therapeutic potential of candidate drug molecules using in vitro and ex vivo assays.
This position is hands-on and requires the effective communication and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward development candidates and IND-enabling studies. The ideal applicant will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and carry a strong commitment to excellence.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- BS degree with 3-5 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry, or MS degree with 2+ years of experience in cellular immunology, immuno-oncology, or a related field
- Proficient in isolation, culture, and functional and phenotypic characterization of primary human immune cells (PBMCs and TILs)
- Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry (10+ colors, intracellular staining, proliferation assays, and cytokine measurement) and proficiency using FlowJo and GraphPad Prism software
- Solid hands-on experience with immune cell-based functional assays (activation, differentiation, proliferation, suppression assays by using monocyte/macrophages, T cells, or dendritic cells)
- Strong experience with cytokine/chemokine detection platforms (MSD, ELISA, Luminex)
- Experience with tumor cell killing assays (experience with Incucyte platform is preferred)
- Experience with 3D organoid/tumoroid cultures and functional assays is a strong advantage
- Proficiency with qRT-PCR and Western blot
- Design and conduct in vitro and ex vivo functional assays to assess the therapeutic potential of tumor-selective T cell modulators
- Focus on immune readouts (FACS-based immunophenotyping, T cell activation assays, cytokine profiling, etc.) that can be incorporated as biomarkers
- Execute experiments with minimal supervision and deliver comprehensive, high-quality data sets to enable decision-making
Required Key Attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize workload
- Success in this role requires great attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- The candidate must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high-quality results under tight timelines
- Highly organized and diligent about documentation is required and cannot be overstated
- 401K (3% employer matching)
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Incentive stock option plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Monday to Friday On-Site (La Jolla, CA)
United States (Required)
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.