Janux, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with demonstrated skills in standard assay execution related to antibody screening methods. The candidate will participate in hands-on pre-clinical product candidates discovery and development programs with a focus on quantitatively characterizing antibody binding characteristics. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience with standard immunological and cancer biology techniques (Flow cytometry, ELISA, Octet BLI or biacore SPR and others). The ideal candidate will also have basic molecular biology as well as bacterial cell culture and mammalian tissue culture experience. General experience with plate based biochemical assays is also preferred. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and carry a strong commitment to excellence.
This position is hands-on and requires the effective communication and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward development candidates
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform mammalian cell culture, cell banking, and cell staining (flow cytometry) experiments
- Perform quantitative ELISA-based characterization of peptides and antibody molecules
- Conduct basic protein analysis: SDS-PAGE and Western blot
- Conduct basic biochemistry using plate based (96 well or 384 well) assay systems
- Complete quantitative analyses and basic interpretations of experimental data
- Produce detailed documentation of experiments within a lab notebook and electronically
- Conduct and report laboratory experiments on a daily basis
- Conduct multiple research activities in parallel
- Comfortably work with Excel and Graphpad Prism software
- Clearly communicate data to supervisor and in team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical biology, or related scientific discipline with 3-5+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry, or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Basic experience with multi-color flow cytometry, molecular biology techniques (MaxiPrep, PCR, cloning, ligation etc.), ELISA, SDS-PAGE, western blot, and other standard cell based & non-cell based quantitative biochemical assays
- Experience with basic tissue culture (cell expansion and banking) and aseptic techniques
- Experience completing quantitative plate based biochemical assays
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Success in this role requires high attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Candidates must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
- Highly organized and diligent about documentation is required and cannot be overstated
We provide competitive compensation, bonuses, equity program, and health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and EAP.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.