At Janux, we are developing unique immunotherapies that have the potential to generate generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. We believe that combining Janux’s tumor-specific activation with multi-stage anti-tumor signaling will significantly improve safety, expand the therapeutic dosing window, and maximize patient responses.
The Scientific Program Manager will coordinate internal resources and external vendors to enable efficient and timely execution of projects, ensure resource allocation and availability, and manage and proactively communicate changes to project scope, timing, and costs. The Scientific Program Manager will maintain comprehensive project documentation using appropriate tools and systems and foster clear and open communication among stakeholders. This position will report to the CSO and CEO.
- Collaborate closely with program teams, CROs, and external partners to actively manage and monitor the progress of multiple research projects to complete pre-clinical, IND-enabling and FIH activities.
- Work closely with internal teams (Toxicology, Pharmacology, Translational Sciences, Clinical Development, and others) to understand, plan, assign, monitor, and manage the necessary studies for each project.
- Prevent slippage from development timeline and develop contingency plans to quickly and efficiently adapt to challenges that may arise.
- Create forward-looking Gantt charts and project plans to guarantee timely initiation and completion of activities.
- Provide strategies to reduce technical and logistical risks. Identify root causes of issues to prevent in future projects.
- Ensure third-party reports are within FDA and EMA protocol regulations and formatted correctly.
- Interact with eCTD vendor to manage submission of IND packages, briefing documents and other material to the FDA.
- Obtain cost estimates and Statements of Work for individual studies or programs from CROs, and schedule studies to meet and adhere to program timelines.
- Negotiate study contracts and develop and review budget forecasts for each study.
- Work closely with relevant internal teams and external vendors to coordinate and track all study-related documentation, specimen shipment, and reporting timelines.
- Support implementation and management of projects through file management and document control.
- Generate weekly status reports for all on-going activities and provide project timelines and updates to senior management.
- 5+ years’ industry experience, including a required minimum of 2 years of experience as a project manager.
5 + years’ experience Gantt Charts
5 + years’ experience Microsoft Project
Previous experience with oncology drug development preferred.
- Experience working with multiple national and international CROs.
- High degree of organizational ability required.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and projects concurrently.
- Ability to problem-solve, research issues, and propose solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to communicate complex information succinctly.
- Effective and constructive collaborator.
- Experience in IND submissions to the FDA.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in CMC and GLP toxicity activities and projects.
- Ability to function independently in fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences required.
- PMP certification a plus.
Janux offers a competitive compensation with stock options in addition to a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
Local San Diego candidates only
- 401K (3% employer matching)
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Incentive stock option plan
Monday to Friday On-Site (La Jolla, CA)
- United States (Required)
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.