Janux, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist or Associate Director with demonstrated skills in demonstrated skills in interrogating immune cell function. As a key member of the Translational Sciences team, the candidate will be responsible for assessing the therapeutic potential of candidate drug molecules using in vitro and ex vivo assays and contributing to the biomarker strategy.
This position is hands-on and requires the effective communication and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward development candidates and in IND enabling stages. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and carry a strong commitment to excellence.
Education and Experience requirements:
- PhD with 5+ years of relevant pharma or biotech industry experience in cellular immunology, immuno-oncology, or a related field.
- Proficient in the isolation, culture, and functional characterization of primary human immune cells.
- Highly skilled with multiparameter FACS and its application in measuring T cell activation, proliferation, cytokine production and identification of immune cell subsets.
- Effective management and mentoring of PhD scientists and research associates.
- Experience with T cell engagers and in-dept understanding of T cell subsets is desirable.
- Knowledge of protease biology is a plus.
- Experience with ex vivo tumoroid/organoid cultures is a plus.
- Oversee all aspects of assay design, optimization, validation and implementation.
- Identify and integrate technologies that improve or expand the ability to assess the mechanism of action of novel immunomodulatory agents.
- Design and conduct in vitro and ex vivo functional assays to assess the therapeutic potential of tumor-selective T cell modulators.
- Focus on immune readouts (i.e., FACS-based immunophenotyping, T cell activation assays, cytokine profiling, etc.) that can be incorporated as biomarkers.
- Lead from the bench by providing direct supervision and mentoring to Ph.D level scientists and research associates.
- Actively contribute scientifically to immunological drug discovery research programs, including identification and validation of novel targets.
- Provide strategic input for IND enabling activities.
- Establish and manage relationships with external research collaborators and CROs for basic and translational research.
Required Key Attributes:
- Creativity to design and engineer complex assays that address target-specific biology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Success in this role requires high attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized and diligent about documentation.
- Candidate must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time Incentive stock option plan
Monday to Friday
United States (Required)
Annual targeted bonus %
On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
Working remotely not available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.