The Janux Director/Sr. Director of Information Technology and Facilities will report to the acting CFO and be responsible for the planning, organization, and execution of both information technologies and facilities functions. This position will be instrumental in ensuring Janux IT systems and process allow for organizational growth while also supporting an expanding facility footprint.
- Partner with key business leaders to identify, evaluate, select, implement, and maintain business systems that are deemed critical to the company’s success.
- Become the face of IT, ensuring company visibility into the company’s IT programs and practices.
- Proactively identify technology improvement, prioritizing projects for the benefit of the company and its employees.
- Develop a three-year roadmap of existing system as well as those required in the future, prioritizing each based on the business needs and company milestones.
- Manage application life cycles by understanding and using key needs and upgrade timelines to prioritize and schedule project-related resources.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, and business partners to maintain day-to-day service desk operations; accountable for overall adherence to defined SLAs; ensure team commitment of outlined key performance indicators (KPIs); support technology modernization efforts.
- Research, recommend, and manage implementation of these technology improvement projects.
- Identify training opportunities, implementing successful guides and education programs for the company around IT best practices, data protection and business applications.
- Develop, implement, and administer IT policies for all employees and systems in areas including but not limited to security, data management, data retention, and appropriate use.
- Continually assess technologies, vendors, calling plans, etc. to perform ROI cost management analyses.
- Maintain on premises Windows servers, ensuring operating system and security patches are updated regularly.
- Seek opportunities to migrate existing onsite resources to cloud based environments such as MS Azure.
- Maintain network, cloud‐based phone systems, tablets, workstations, laptops, videoconferencing, and remote access VPN network solutions.
- Provide end‐user support on a variety of heterogeneous computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems.
- Lead and drive team in the successful performance of technical problem analyses to resolve system or application issues.
- Provide IT leadership related to group and company processes for onboarding and offboarding as well as support for all company employees, contractors, interns, etc.
- Proactively implement dashboards for managing all software/hardware licensing, warranties, vendor contracts and relationships, as they pertain to IT.
- Proactively manage IT security related protocols such as Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Anti-Phishing and Malware appliances and lead periodic cybersecurity reviews.
- Partner with IT SOX and GxP leadership to successfully execute and maintain our IT SOX and GxP compliance program.
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight across projects and technology platforms; ensures guiding principles and technology standards are followed.
- Manage IT consultants to distribute workload and skillsets as required.
- Lead facilities support for Site Services, Space Planning, Lab Support Services, Office Services and/or various external contractors; organizing and prioritizing facilities goals and objectives
- Primary point of contact for all facilities related issues, acting as liaison to property management, contractors, and internal team members personnel.
- Interface with Federal, State, County, and City agencies to ensure regulatory compliance and permitting as required for sustained day to day operations
- Participates in projects ranging from building renovations and tenant improvements for buildings at both a tactical and strategic level
- Manages multiple projects of significant complexity and risk. Manages building maintenance and operations services functions (Lab/IT, Alarm system, Communication with landlord and onsite services)
- Oversees construction projects (new facilities, tenant improvements and facility modifications); manage internal and external resources including engaging and directing outside consultants, contractors, and service vendors from planning, design, budgeting, scheduling through construction and occupancy.
- Ensures appropriate Business Continuity Planning, Emergency Coordination and Risk Management procedures are in place.
- Provide guidance to resolve day-to-day facilities and services issues Inventory management (Ordering & receiving).
- Oversight and coordination of laboratory maintenance (tracking of equipment, management of service contracts/maintenance, calibration, coordinate delivery and receiving of gases, Biowaste removal, Lab coat inventory)
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
- Ensures that agreed work by contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Manage janitorial services at all local facilities
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness while always demonstrating good safety practices including appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Leads facilities engineering support for the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of laboratory equipment, as well as the installation of new equipment.
- Ensures resources are aligned to customer priorities needs, requirements and training, providing an excellent level of service.
- Develops and administers an operating plan with space and infrastructure needs along with timing and capital cost estimates for implementing them.
- Accountable for the annual facility operations and capital expense budget.
- Monitor and maintain building functions, including lighting, HVAC, backup power, life safety, and all other building support functions, working closely with outside facilities engineers as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent work experience. Facility Management certification considered a bonus.
- 10+ years’ experience working within information technology and facilities management, focusing on small to medium sized companies within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CCNA, Sec+, CISM preferred.
- Project, vendor, and EH&S management experience.
- Proven track record of leading IT and Facilities teams in high-growth environments.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (e.g., clear, and concise), team player, and proven negotiation skills. Capability to communicate with all levels of employees and outside vendors and contractors.
- Good decision making with strong judgment through collaboration and consideration of others point-of-view.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and creative leader, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced & demanding environment.
- Strong understanding of Windows Server environments (File Server, AD DC, Exchange etc.).
- Strong understanding of SLA support requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture, cloud technologies & SaaS applications.
- Experience in the most current technologies, with a focus on identifying market and application trends.
- Strong understanding of SOX, GxP controls, experience in an FDA-regulated environment.
- Knowledge of Compliance requirements related to 21 CFR, Part 11 and GDPR.
- Experience planning and implementing facilities expansions including space planning, facility acquisition, due diligence, building specifications, and coordination of design and budget development as well as maximizing usage of space at current facilities.
- Ability to manage all RFPs for architectural, engineering, general contractor, and facilities vendors for projects.
- Negotiation of service/support contracts with outside contractors and vendors as applicable; review and authorize purchase of contract services.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.