Janux Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary discovery platform to efficiently develop tumor-activated drugs that empower the immune system to eradicate cancer. Janux is developing unique immunotherapies that generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. As an early-stage startup company, Janux is looking for energetic and talented candidates who desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
Job Title: Associate Director/Director, Translational/Biomarker Discovery
Janux, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director/Director with demonstrated skills in leading nonclinical IND-enabling immune-oncology programs. As a critical member of the Translational Sciences team, the candidate will be responsible for early biomarker discovery and overseeing the identification and implementation of relevant ex vivo assays.
This position requires effective communication and documentation of results that enable the advancement of novel research molecules toward development candidates and in IND-enabling stages. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and carry a strong commitment to excellence.
Education and Experience requirements:
- PhD with 5+ years of relevant pharma or biotech industry experience in cellular immunology, immuno-oncology, or a related field.
- Ability to lead cross-functional groups (internal and external) to execute nonclinical IND-enabling programs and author relevant sections in regulatory filings
- Experience with early biomarker discovery and PK/PD assessment utilizing IHC, flow cytometry, CyTOF, RNAseq, and bioanalytical PK/ADA assays.
- Experience or knowledge of requirements for IND filings is preferred.
- Experience in managing and mentoring PhD scientists and research associates.
- Experience working with CROs and academic partners
- Experience with T cell engagers and an in-depth understanding of T cell biology is desirable.
- Knowledge of protease biology is a plus.
- Experience with ex vivo tumoroid/organoid cultures is a plus.
- Represents Translational Sciences in clinical stage teams
- Provides strategic input for IND-enabling activities and serve as the nonclinical lead.
- Supporting projects by developing and executing relevant translational strategies
- Identifying and developing methods and models to evaluate pharmacodynamic biomarkers and mechanism of action of TRACTr and TRACIr therapeutics being developed by Janux
- Deliver high quality biomarker strategies for target engagement, pharmacodynamic endpoints and patient enrichment/selection
- Expanding the scope of xenograft models to consider indications for clinical development, investigating the mechanism of action, potential mechanisms of resistance, and addressing questions arising from early clinical data
- Drives the development of potential Companion Diagnostic Assays in collaboration with the clinical, biostatistics and regulatory groups
- Oversee all aspects of assay design, optimization, validation, and implementation.
- Identify and integrate technologies that improve or expand the ability to assess the mechanism of action of novel immunomodulatory agents.
- Establish and manage relationships with external research collaborators and CROs.
- Focus on immune readouts (i.e., FACS-based immunophenotyping, T cell activation assays, cytokine profiling, etc.) that can be incorporated as biomarkers.
- Work cross-functionally with the clinical group to execute the biomarker and bioanalytical strategy.
- Actively contribute scientifically to immunological drug discovery research programs, including identification and validation of novel targets.
- Contribute to drafting study reports, investigator brochure, patents, assay protocols, and peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Present at research and development meetings.
Required Key Attributes:
- Creativity to design and engineer complex assays that address target-specific biology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Success in this role requires great attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized and diligent about documentation.
- The candidate must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high-quality results under tight timelines.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
- Working remotely not available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.